An Introduction

I first became interested in 4AD, a UK independent record label founded in 1980, towards the end of the '80's. I was falling in love with the music of Dead Can Dance, Clan of Xymox, Pixies, Bauhaus and The Birthday Party and was surprised when the 4AD label sampler "Lonely Is An Eyesore" came out in 1987 that all these bands were from the same label.

After visiting a Pre-Raphaelite exhibition of some American's collection of art, I came to thinking of all this musical art that 4AD have released that may one day drift into obscurity unless someone shows it as art. So now I'm on a crusade, to collect the first ten years of 4AD's releases and exhibit the collection on 4AD's 50th anniversary in 2030. This is a big task which will have some interesting twists and turns along the way.

Friday 18 March 2011

Added Links

Added a couple of links today. The first is a link to my record collection at discogs. This is in process at the moment. I still partially through putting my collection on there. I've concentrated on my non 4AD stuff first, then when I get to my 4AD collection I will spend more time making sure that all the submission already on this site are absolutely accurate.

The other link is to my band's site on Myspace. My band is called "Personality Crisis" and along with my fellow band member and best friend we recorded a few songs during the late 90's and early 00's. Let us know what you think. (You can download the tracks for free). I may at some point in the future also add the link to the other band I played for "13 Candles". I played for 13 Candles for two years in the 90's.

So I shall continue to expand my discogs data for now and come back to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment